As a family cares for its own, Scheck Hillel Community School is a community of students and parents who support one another. To allow for a safe return to campus, we continue to develop protocols to protect our school community. Even with significant measures in place to safeguard wellness, Scheck Hillel, like all organizations, cannot fully guarantee protection from COVID-19. As the virus places great responsibilities on us all, Scheck Hillel’s Commitment to Community is a pledge to strictly follow health guidelines and take recommended precautions as individual members to ultimately protect our school community. Our core values are now paired with health guidelines, shaping the choices we make to ensure we keep our students - our community - safe.
I pledge to do my part to keep myself, my family and my school community safe. I agree to this Commitment to Community, supporting a healthy and safe campus. Taking personal responsibility for my health and the wellness of others in my school community, I follow the laws of the land and the core values in my heart.
As a student, I will...
As a parent, I will…
- Wear a mask to protect myself and others.
- Keep my child at home when feeling ill or when possibly exposed to COVID-19 (i.e. positive household member), or if diagnosed with a confirmed case of COVID-19.
- Talk to my child about good hygiene and the importance of washing hands and using sanitizer.
- Maintain physical distancing from people who do not live in my household.
- Avoid hosting or attending large gatherings where physical distancing is not possible and/or where others are not wearing masks.
- Keep my family home, distanced from others, after holidays.
- Travel only when necessary.
- Remind my child to follow all school protocols when Scheck Hillel’s campus reopens.
I understand that access to Scheck Hillel Community School campus facilities is a privilege that may be revoked if I do not abide by the school’s Commitment to Community or any measure or policy implemented to minimize the spread of COVID-19 in our community.