HOW: Hillel Our Way
Hillel Our Way (HOW) outlines the core values by which we live as a community, acting with kavod for self, others, HaShem, Torah, school and tradition. We are committed to educating students with care and dignity, and instilling a sense of unity, a love of learning, and the values of acting with kindness (Derech Eretz) and appreciating each person (B'tzelem Elokim). Here is HOW…
- We are honest.
- We are kind and speak with respectful words.
- We are inclusive.
- We motivate each other to do and be our best.
- We are reflective so choices benefit one’s self as well as the community at large.
- We listen to the perspectives of others and offer feedback with care and concern for the individual and our
- We strive to make the world more peaceful through mitzvot, tikkun olam, social action and service learning.
- We dress with modesty, demonstrating our school’s core values.
- We are committed to academic excellence, Torah knowledge, college preparation, global citizenship and enduring Jewish Identity
- We teach from Orthodox teachings, respecting our diverse Jewish community.
- We share a love for the United States and follow the laws of the land as Klal Yisrael and as Americans.
- We are Zionists, deeply connected by our love for Israel.
- We act to create a Kiddush HaShem, bringing joy and pride unto G-d and the Jewish people.
From early childhood through Grade 12, Scheck Hillel Community School educates and inspires students to become exemplary global citizens with enduring Jewish identity, values and a commitment to the State of Israel, through a college preparatory curriculum and meaningful co-curricular experiences guided by Orthodox teachings and set within a nurturing, diverse community. Scheck Hillel is the second-largest Jewish community day school in North America, a National Blue Ribbon School of Excellence and an International Baccalaureate World School.