Tuition assistance is the heart of Scheck Hillel’s identity as a Jewish community day school. Thanks to the generosity of Scheck Hillel friends and within our school’s resources, we help as many families as possible so they can give their children the Scheck Hillel experience.
The Tuition Assistance Committee annually distributes a set amount of school monies in a fair, equitable way to students who apply. Members of this anonymous committee review applications through a process that safeguards applicant anonymity. A tuition assistance grant is determined by the family's demonstrated financial need, student merit, and school funds available school wide and within the child’s grade level, as well as disclosure and accuracy of information. Therefore, the amount granted for a child may not be the same for all of a family’s enrolled children.
Tuition Assistance Application Process: 2016-2017
Thank you for completing the following steps. We look forward to sharing 2016-2017 with you.
- By January 15, 2016, please complete the FACTS application.
- Once you’ve completed the FACTS application online, please up-load, mail or fax the following items to FACTS. Only one application per family is necessary.
- Copies of your 2014 tax return, including all schedules (2015 tax return when available) including Schedule K-1 (if you are a shareholder in an S Corporation or a partner in a Partnership).
- Copies of your 2015 W-2 for both parents.
- Copies of supporting documents for Social Security income, welfare, child support, food stamps, workers’ compensation and TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families.
- Please complete the CAJE form, and mail $75 check made payable to Scheck Hillel. Only one form per family is necessary.
- Print and mail (or e-mail) to Scheck Hillel the following items:
- Copy of your most recent Complete Credit Report.
- Copy of most recent residential mortgage statement (or proof of 3 most recent payments), or most recent residential lease statement (or proof of 3 most recent payments).
- Copy of 2015 Real Estate Tax Bill for primary residence.
- Copy of 2015 Car Registration cards for all household vehicles with most recent monthly statements (or proof of 3 most recent payments)
- Copy of three (3) most recent monthly statements for all major credit cards that will appear in your credit report.
- Print, sign (do not date) and mail to Scheck Hillel a copy of Form 4506-T.
- If you meet the financial criteria set forth by the state of Florida’s Step Up for Student Programs, you are required to complete their application in order to be considered by Scheck Hillel’s Tuition Assistance Committee.
- If you indicate that you have another child in college or other tuition charging school, provide tuition statement or contract (or proof of 3 most recent payments) of his/her enrollment.
Tuition assistance funds come from generous donors and school supporters throughout the year in the form of individual gifts and special events like the Annual Event, Poker Tournament, Tuition Credit Raffle, and other school initiatives.
To be fair to all Scheck Hillel students, the Tuition Assistance Committee must be consistent and equitable in assessing each family's ability to pay tuition. Only completed applications will be reviewed.
So Scheck Hillel’s Tuition Assistance Committee may make the best assessment, please answer all questions accurately; feel free to describe any extenuating circumstances that will better enable the Committee to make a decision. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call Betty Salinas, Directory of Admissions at 305-931-2831 x173.
Thank you; we look forward to all that lies ahead together.
Resources beyond Scheck Hillel follow, and we encourage you to apply if you qualify.
The Step Up For Students Scholarship
This scholarship is offered by the State of Florida for students entering Kindergarten or First Grade who are currently enrolled in a private school, or any student coming from a public school. It is based solely on income and number of persons living in your household. Information is available at http://www.stepupforstudents.org or 877.735.7837.
The John McKay Scholarship
The John McKay Scholarship is offered by the State of Florida to students who are currently enrolled in public school and have an IEP (Individual Education Plan). In order to receive this scholarship, the parent must file a Notice of Intent and follow the instructions provided. Information regarding the John McKay Scholarship is available at http://www.floridaschoolchoice.org or 800.447.1636.