Student LifeScheck Hillel's Office of Student Life is designed to ensure uncompromising attention to the cultivation of Jewish values in every facet of the student's experience at school. Scheck Hillel seeks to provide a broad range of extracurricular opportunities and activities designed to supplement students' classroom experiences and contribute signficantly to their personal growth. With Torah themes introduced into the schoolwide program, Scheck Hillel teaches students how Jewish tradition nourishes lives and informs everyday decisions. Guidance, field trips, Shabbatonim, enrichment programs, holiday celebrations and the arts are infused with an additional level of Jewish awareness. The Office of Student Activities helps develop students' understanding of and appreciation for Jewish views through these experiences as they participate in each of the programs.
Through Student Life programming, students are encouraged to:
- Assume campus leadership responsibilities
- Develop positive interpersonal relationships and skills
- Create and participate in intellectual, artistic, social, recreational and multicultural activities
- Explore different cultures, ideas and experiences
- Put learning into practice in the laboratory of experiential Jewish life programs