HOW:Hillel Our Way
Hillel Our Way (HOW) outlines the core values by which we live as a community, acting with kavod for self, others, HaShem, Torah, school and tradition. We are committed to educating students with care and dignity, and instilling a sense of unity, a love of learning, and the values of acting with kindness (Derech Eretz) and appreciating each person (B'tzelem Elokim). Here is HOW…
- We are honest.
- We are kind and speak with respectful words.
- We are inclusive.
- We motivate each other to do and be our best.
- We are reflective so choices benefit one’s self as well as the community at large.
- We listen to the perspectives of others and offer feedback with care and concern for the individual and our
- We strive to make the world more peaceful through mitzvot, tikkun olam, social action and service learning.
- We dress with modesty, demonstrating our school’s core values.
- We are committed to academic excellence, Torah knowledge, college preparation, global citizenship and enduring Jewish Identity
- We teach from an Orthodox perspective, respecting our diverse Jewish community.
- We share a love for the United States and follow the laws of the land as Klal Yisrael and as Americans.
- We are Zionists, deeply connected by our love for Israel.
- We act to create a Kiddush HaShem, bringing joy and pride unto G-d and the Jewish people.
From early childhood through Grade 12, Scheck Hillel Community School inspires students to become exemplary global citizens with enduring Jewish identity through an innovative curriculum enriched by co-curricular experiences. All of this is set within a nurturing, international community united by core values.