Hillel's Office of Student Life is designed to ensure uncompromising attention to the cultivation of Jewish values in every facet of school. Hillel seeks to provide a broad range of extracurricular materials and activities designed to supplement students' classroom experiences and contribute signficantly to their personal growth. With Torah themes introduced into the schoolwide program, Hillel teaches students how the Torah nourishes lives and informs everyday decisions. Guidance, field trips, Shabbatonim, enrichment programs, holiday celebrations and the arts are infused with an additional level of Jewish awareness. The Office of Student Activities helps develop students' understanding of and appreciation for Jewish views through these experiences as they participate in each of the programs.
Through Student Activities programming, students are encouraged to:
- create and participate in intellectual, artistic, social, recreational and multicultural activities
- assume campus leadership and governance responsibilities
- develop positive interpersonal relationships and skills
- explore different cultures, ideas and experiences
- put learning into practice in the laboratory of extracurricular programs